Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Transformation

Standard disclaimers apply.
Spoilers for just about all of season 6 past and future episodes.



“Chloe you have to go faster!”

“How fast do you think a Yaris can go Lois? I’m trying!”

“They’re gaining on us Chloe. Oh God.”

Chloe pressed her foot down on the accelerator, which only went down maybe a quarter of an inch. She was pushing her car as fast as it would go, but she was afraid that it wasn’t fast enough. She saw the black SUV loom behind her, just mere inches from her bumper.

“Lois, tell me you have your seatbelt on. We’re about to get hit.”

“Yeah, yeah, I’ve got it on Chlo. Turn here, HERE!”

Chloe jerked the wheel as hard as she could to the right. The car went screaming around the turn on what felt like two wheels. The SUV missed the turn, but there was no time for relief as a second SUV turned behind them.

“Damn it. There was more than one. Where the hell are we? I don’t know this part of Metropolis.”

“We’re in the red light district, I know where we are. Sort of. Go down two more blocks and turn left. That will take us back to downtown. Maybe we will be able to lose them there.” Lois glanced at her cousin. “How do you think they found out we were there?”

“I have no doubt that Lex has kept tabs on me since the kidnapping. Without his GPS device in me, he must have had me tailed. Damn, I can’t believe I didn’t notice.”

“Don’t sweat it cuz, Lex doesn’t hire amateurs. They didn’t want you to notice. Here’s the turn. Shit, there’s three of them Chloe.”

Shit indeed. Chloe thought. Keep calm, keep Lois calm. “How do you know the red light district Lois?”

“Huh? Oh, I was investigating some leads in regards to aliens who were abducting prostitutes for experimentation. Turned out to be some weirdo who would drug the girls and have his way with them so he didn’t have to pay. The drug he used was laced with trace amounts of meteor rock and made the girls hallucinate.”

“Lois are you serious? Aliens?”

“Hey, I just follow what my editor tells me to follow. It pays the bills.” Lois turned and looked out the back window. “I hate to change the subject here, but they’re gaining on us again. Fast.”

“I see them, is your cell phone working yet?”

“No, and neither is yours. I don’t think we’re going to make it to downtown Chloe. They--” Just then the car was pushed forward as the SUV behind them rammed their bumper. The car swerved while Chloe fought to keep control of the car.

“Okay, Lois, think. Is there any where along here that we can stop and try and run?”

The buildings were moving so fast. This part of town was all low rent housing and apartments. All gated and locked up for the night.

“Not that I can remember, but I was only down here a couple of times. Chloe what are we going to do? If they catch us--” The car was hit again from behind.

Chloe gritted her teeth and gripped the wheel tighter. “They’ll kill us, I know Lois. I don’t know what we’re going to do.” Chloe lowered her voice to barely a whisper, “Clark, help me, I need you.” She prayed that he would hear her, but he was so far away, in Greenland of all places hunting down a Zoner, she held out little hope that even he would get there in time.

“I’m so sorry Lois, I didn’t mean to get you into this.”

Lois shot her younger cousin a lethal stare. “Don’t you dare start that shit with me. There was no way I was letting you do this alone. The Lane-Sullivan’s stick together no matter what.”

“Sullivan-Lane you mean.”

Lois snorted. “Whatever. You always want…Chloe LOOK OUT!” she screamed.

It happened in slow motion, just like the movies. Another SUV had turned the corner in front of them to block them off. Chloe swung the wheel around, crossed over into the opposite lane and swerved around the other car, missing it by a breath. But instead of straightening out, Chloe’s car started to skid out of control, where it hit the curb and by some weird twist of fate, started to flip.

Oh God, Chloe thought as her car flipped once, twice, by the third time, she had lost consciousness listening to her cousin scream.

http://shansgrl.blogspot.com/2007/03/chapter-2.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great beginning!! And I liked the two of them working together like that.

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Can't wait for more! Chloe and Lois are so fun!! even when being chased by baddies